Presentation Notes: The rise of reg-tech and the 'art' of the SoA
In a four-state tour in March 2018, one of our team, Sean Graham, spoke at the ifa Business Strategy Day on "The rise of regtech and the art of the SoA".
Positioned as an "update on the compliance and legislative landscape", the session challenged industry assumptions about disclosure, independence and professionalism and demonstrated why an investment in regulatory technology is critical for sustainability.
It was a fearless, provocative and challenging assault on risk aversion, complacency and fear of accountability. Thankfully, advice professionals interested in growth, value and relevance don't avoid either accountability or opportunity.
Momentum media will provide the PowerPoint Presentation to all attendees. The Presentation Notes are available below.
You might find the following articles complementary (and perhaps more current)
- "What wound did ever heal but by degrees: FASEA, Professionalism and the future"
- "ASIC and the 'art' of the SoA"
- "Honesty, integrity and 'best interests'"
- "Seven questions about your perfect solution: The reality of reg-tech"
- "Advice Assurance: Data + Insight"